September 28, 2008

A Smooth Transition (So Far...)







Well we've entered a new phase of parenthood. Our little girl now sleeps in a "big girl's bed".

Last Wednesday, the bed arrived but we because it required a little bit of construction, we decided to wait until Saturday morning before we made the transition from cot to bed.

We had been "hyping" up the arrival of her bed for some time now so she was quite excited about it, even though I don't think she fully understood what it meant. She knew it meant she would have a pillow and blanket like Mummy and Daddy, but I don't think she knew she wouldn't have the cot anymore.

On Friday night, she asked us - "Mummy's bed? No! Daddy's bed? No! Dota's bed! Yay!" Over and over and over she asked...

During the pulling down of the cot, we had some tears, but they were quickly replaced by excitement when Daddy started working on the new bed.

I'm pleased to say that (so far) she hasn't fallen out, and she seems to be happy to stay in her bed rather than run around her bedroom and play. I'm not saying it won't happen, but so far, it's been pretty smooth sailing.

I imagine some of you longer term parents are having a bit of a giggle right now at my wishful thinking but please let me enjoy it for now!

2 comments:

milkandhoney said...

Congrats on moving to a big girls bed... She looks like she enjoys it. Jack has a big boys bed that he used to sleep in, we just have to get him back out of our bed, although I do love his cuddles while we are sleeping. :)

earthkissed said...

I can't believe how much she's changed and grown!!!! Already in a bed! Where does all the time go????