January 17, 2010

Music in the blood

Our daughter LOVES music - singing, dancing, banging around on instruments, shakers, blowing whistles - anything musical!



Early in 2009, Daddy introduced her to an iPod shuffle

She's recently taken to making up her own little songs. She sung one to me the other day and told me "Mummy, it's not on any of my CD's" and I said "No", at which she continued with "We should put it on a CD"...

We also currently have on loan from the library some "drum shapes". They are actually proper drum skins with large thick edges that you can hold while you hit them. So one day on her own, without any prompting from us, she got into my cupboards and found some plastic containers, placed the skins on top of them, set them up around her in formation (just like a drum kit) and started playing them.

Anyhow, that's an aside. Last year, I took her along to a music class for about two terms and she really enjoyed it. There were some photos taken during one of the sessions. Here's a few...




1 comment:

earthkissed said...

I think you should definitely make a cd of her singing her made up songs to show them to her when she is older.