May 5, 2010

Morning Devotions

I've just gone back to reading a morning bible story to my daughter at the breakfast table. It's something I did when she was younger but with the way our lives have been over the last year, it unfortunately went by the wayside.

At the moment, I'm using a great book called "The Jesus Storybook Bible" by Sally Lloyd-Jones which is fantastic for her age group.



A few days ago I was reading the story of Abraham and Isaac to her, and the end of the story reads...



I can't explain what it is about this simple statement that almost reduced me to tears in that moment. Perhaps it just displays the incredible trust and love Jesus has for the Father - even when He was facing certain death - knowing He needed to be that sacrifice for the world.

Even now as I'm writing this, it's still profoundly impacting me... Perhaps I needed the reminder. Ah, the beauty of a simple faith, looking through a child's eyes.

My daughter continually amazes me with her statements of simple faith - "Jesus is in my heart Mummy"; "Jesus will look after me Mummy"; "Jesus is always with me Mummy"; "God loves everyone Mummy"; and then the questions - "Mummy why doesn't everyone love God?" - well it's like this baby...

1 comment:

earthkissed said...

Being a parent certainly brings a new perspective and understanding to some things in the bible.