August 11, 2008

Days Like These...

Today was one of those challenging days with my lovely daughter, where suddenly things come crashing down around me and the startling reality once again hits - I don't have it all together.

So I had a good cry and asked God one more time for the patience, wisdom and strength I need to be the best mother I can be. And after the storm has weathered, the sun always comes out again and my beautiful angel does something to delight my heart and remind me how much of a treasure she is.

I think God uses her at times to chip away at the things in my life that need some remodelling.

I think God uses times like today to remind me how much I really need Him.

How very clever of Him!

2 comments:

milkandhoney said...

Great blogging.
If you ever find a mum who has it all together, she's faking it.... :)
It's amazing how one minute you can be so frustrated and then the next minute, they do something so cute, they melt you...

Skye said...

Hi Nikki- nice to hear from you! Your little one is beautiful.Glad to see your enjoying being a mummy.